Monday, September 21, 2009

AIG Recovered?



Post by David Held

Congressional Report Says A.I.G. Has Stabilized

MARY WILLIAMS WALSH
Published: September 21, 2009

The research arm of Congress reported on Monday that the American International Group’s financial condition had stabilized but said it was not clear whether the giant insurance group would ever be able to restructure and repay its federal rescue package.

The Government Accountability Office’s new report on the bailout of A.I.G. coincided with word that a senior House Democrat was planning to push for an easing of A.I.G.’s terms on its government debt.

Representative Edolphus Towns of New York, the chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, was said to be considering debt relief after meeting last week with Maurice R. Greenberg, A.I.G.’s former chief executive, who was forced out during an accounting scandal in 2005.

Click HERE to read more!

2 comments:

  1. I do not believe AIG will be successful in reorganizing its business structure and growing simply because it has lost all of its reputation, which is every company's main strength.
    -Shawn Chandok

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that AIG will eventually go down no matter what we do to try and fix the situation. All we can do is prepare ourselves for the future and try to protect our families. I am doing that with my life insurance. It is inexpensive and offers really great coverage. click on my name if you need life insurance. Its just something I think everyone should have. Health insurance is important too, but what could you do if you left all those medical bills, house payments, burial fees on your family?

    ReplyDelete