Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Obama's ex-doctor: Insurers 'screwing it up'

Obama's ex-doctor: Insurers 'screwing it up'

Posted by: Christina Dove

Chicago physician says companies are telling doctors how to do their job.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- President Obama's former personal physician of 22 years, Dr. David Scheiner, has been very vocal on the issue of health insurance, particularly with his criticism of commercial insurers and how he feels they are meddling with the doctor-patient relationship.
Scheiner has publicly stated his support for a government-run "single payer" system.
CNNMoney.com spoke with Scheiner, with Advocate Medical Group in Chicago's Hyde Park, earlier this week about his experiences and frustrations:
You've said in interviews that insurers are making it increasingly difficult for doctors to do their jobs. Can you give some examples?

Click here to read more...

2 comments:

  1. I do not understand why this is a surprise to anyone. On a daily basis insurance companies tell physicians what they can and can not do by dictacting what they will and will not pay for. This occurs all the time. I am speaking from experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think maybe the health care insurers are the ones that are making it impossible for some people to get insurance. Some people just aren't profitable. And that really isn't fair. Until we can get some cheap health insurance, I will jsut have every other insurance. I just got life insurance. I feel like that is a responsible decision everyone should make, insured or not. I got mine from the url I posted under my name. if you don't have a policy, i urge you to get one.

    ReplyDelete