By JieYing PengTravel insurance has become an essential item to pack for smart travelers whether it’s for your trip, possessions, luggage, or health. You trip could be ruined without the right kind of travel insurance. The purchasing of travel insurance has increased 10 percent after 9/11. . The top three reasons are: peace of mind, protection against the unexpected and concern over losing the financial investment in a trip.
Here are top reasons to buy travel insurance:
1. Your flight has been cancelled.
2. Your bag was lost with your insulin inside. You need help to locate your bag as soon as possible and have your emergency prescription filled. Who do you call?
3. Your first visit to Asia, and your passport and wallet are stolen. Where do you turn for emergency cash, and how will you get your passport replaced?
4. You're involved in an accident and adequate medical treatment is not available. You need medical evacuation.
5. You need to cancel your trip due to illness.
6. Your cruise line, airline or tour operator goes bankrupt. You need your non-refundable expenses covered and to get to your destination.
7. You have a medical emergency in a foreign country.
8. A terrorist incident occurs in the city where you’re planning to visit and you want to cancel your trip.
9. A hurricane forces you to evacuate your resort, hotel or cruise.