Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Myths About Health Insurances

Posted by Connie Yee

When it comes to purchasing health insurance, individuals do not investigate the various options that are available on the market. In fact, young adults tend to ignore this process, and have emerged as one of the largest group to be uninsured. To discourage any fears, here are the three myths about health insurances.

Myth #1: Health insurance is expensive if you purchase it by yourself- If you know the type of coverage you need, you can choose an affordable plans that cover those medical needs.

Myth #2: It is better to purchase your employer-sponsored health insurance- As the cost of employer-sponsored health insurance continues to increase, employees are paying more for the coverage. This type of insurance is great for individual with chronic medical conditions, but it is not economically friendly for those who are healthy and rarely goes to the doctor.

Myth #3: I have a job so I can pay for my medical debt over time- This mindset by young adult is simply false. When you get sick, you would be unable to work for a period of time, thus reducing your income. Even when you are able to get back to work, the amount of debt will hinder your finances for a long time.


2 comments:

  1. I also think that I can pay for my medical insurance policy because I am working. I never thought that who will pay when I will be sick. But what should I do now as I am paying that already from my salary. Suggest me a solution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HRSG Insurance is a brokerage house providing you a one-window solution for all your corporate and individual insurance needs. We represent you, the client, and make sure that we provide a customized solution that matches your insurance requirements. Secure your business with our bespoke insurance solutions and minimize your administrative time and costs with competitive prices and products.

    Insurance brokerage companies Pakistan

    ReplyDelete