- By Kevin Yu
If increasing numbers of drivers on the road are uninsured as the industry expects, those of us with insurance should take a good look at our coverage to be sure we're adequately protected in case of an accident.
Here are six common car insurance mistakes to avoid:
1. Driving without uninsured motorist coverage.
2. Carrying too much/too little uninsured motorist insurance.
3. Failing to consider insurance costs when car shopping.
4. Insuring your home and car separately.
5. Buying insurance with the lowest deductibles.
6. Never evaluating coverage.